4364 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems with dhcp/static ip settings on DL380 G5

Sipke Smeekes
Occasional Advisor

Problems with dhcp/static ip settings on DL380 G5

as i've described in thread:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1130404

we had a problem with machines not displaying the correct settings in the gui after a ris install. this is now fixed, however we already had a certain number of machines installed when we discovered this problem and what i would like to know is if we can correct the error without having to reinstall?
9 REPLIES 9
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Update the NC373i driver(s) using the component package, reboot, and all should be well. I'm pretty sure that worked for me when I first encountered the 'Monolithic driver in use during WS03' issue.

WS03 x86:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26803.html

WS03 x64:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26804.html
Sipke Smeekes
Occasional Advisor

tried those drivers and updated the drivers, however the problem persists..

when running a diag i noticed that the eeprom test fails
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Okay, off the top of my head I would try things such as uninstalling the NC373i's from Device Manager, and then running the component package, followed by a reboot.

Also, I wonder if the NCU (Network Configuration Utility) may need to be uninstalled, the driver corrected, and then the NCU reinstalled.
Sipke Smeekes
Occasional Advisor

ok im going to try that again
Sipke Smeekes
Occasional Advisor

unfortunately that also didnt solve the problem.

i've also added a screenshot to identify the problem
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Is the component package updating the NC373i's drivers as expected?

Sipke Smeekes
Occasional Advisor

it doesn't give any errrors however when i check the driver version it reports as 3.0.5.0 is this correct ?
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

There are two required pieces to the NC373i driver on Windows Server, the VBD (Virtual Bus Device) and the ND (L2 Ndis Bus Driver client).

Please confirm that the VBD found in Device Manager -> System Devices -> HP NC373i Virtual Bus Device has a suitable driver.

You may want to extract the component package to compare version numbers of the two separate drivers required for the NC373i's networking function.
Sipke Smeekes
Occasional Advisor

checked that, there was 1 device with a monolitic name i uninstalled all devices (also the ones under system) and rebooted it found all the devices properly however the error is still the same.