1752550 Members
4982 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 1600

Richard D. Gill

Proliant 1600

I need the DOS configuration software for SMART-2DH Array Controller. I have looked high and low and can't find it.

Help, Please.
4 REPLIES 4
CA1076661
Frequent Advisor

are you talking about array configuration utility, if yes boot the server using smart start cd 5.5 or lower ver. and you can find ACU.

Robin
Richard D. Gill

The problem is that I do not have the system CD. I inherated the system and the person that had my position is no longer availible.

I was told that the SMART-2DH Array Controller configuration is availible for download at the HP site, but I can't find it anywhere.

I would certainly purchase the CD if I knew where to buy it.

Richard D. Gill
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi Richard,

you can try those links KOV gave - the last one (SP6263) looks like a DOS-based version of ACU. It's very old, and I remember reading something about it only working with really old firmware versions on Smart Array controllers. But it's definitely worth a try. You need to create the disks from SP19619 first, boot with them, and then select Array Configuration.

If you cannot get that to work, you can buy SmartStart 5.50 here:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/subscription/PSM_subscription.html

The latest version of SmartStart (7.10) is available to download for free, but it won't boot in a ProLiant 1600 - that's why you need 5.50.

Regards,
Stephen