1753818 Members
8943 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant 3000 CDs

Oliver Galea

Proliant 3000 CDs

To make a long story short I receive a Proliant 3000, the last disk is missing and I have no CD’s To reconfigure, I went to the HP site and downloaded the Smart Start 5.50 iso image, I used Nero to extract the image to a CD, (I was told this will make the CD bootable) I did so with no errors, but the computer will not boot from this CD. ( I used a server 2003 cd to test if it will boot from cd and it did) Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or am I missing a step. When I put the cd in my computer the auto run starts the program so the disk is not bootable?
2 REPLIES 2
El.Magnifico
Frequent Advisor

Re: Proliant 3000 CDs

Hi.
I guess there went something wrong while burning the CD.
If the server boots from a w2k3 CD it should be able to boot from any bootable CD.

Maybe Isobuster (http://www.isobuster.com/) may help you to determine if the CD ist really bootable. In the left pane should show a diskette symbol with the text "bootable CD" and the files "bootcatalog.cat" and "bootimage.img" in the right pane if you click on the disksymbol.

You have to create the cd with the funktion "create disk from image" in nero in order to create a bootable cd, but if autostart runs from the CD the creation of the CD with nero should have been right.

HTH

Michael
Fabrizio Toxiri

Re: Proliant 3000 CDs

Pay attention, probably the cdrom driver is old (like your PL3000) and you can't read the cd. Try with another drive.
second chance: Boot from cd is enabled?