108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant 6000

TSperry
Occasional Contributor

ProLiant 6000

ProLiant 6000 won't start

-------------------------------

P.S. This Thread has been moved from Servers --> General to Servers --> Proliant - Net Servers - Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The attached Proliant 6000 (Pentium II Xeon Model) Troubleshooting Guide should help you identify the problem. Check the Interlock Leds first to see if you have an Interlock failure.

The Interlock table on Page 7 shows you the combinations of the Led's CR29, CR46 and CR20 which indicate the type of Interlock error.

Appendix A gives you the minimum hardware required for power on. Appendix C shows you the Interlock chain. The document is quite detailed and I hope it helps.

Brian
TSperry
Occasional Contributor

Brian,

Thank you,

All three are lit.

We have removed and reset all boards in the processor area.

Still no luck.

What else can we try?
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

OK so you have an "Interlock Chain Broken Downstairs" error with all three led's lit.

It's sometimes difficult to troubleshoot this without at least 3 terminator boards since you do need 1 CPU to be installed and the other 3 slots to be occupied by terminators, but the diagram of the interlock chain shows the whole interlock circuit so it should help. The VRM's are not part of the chain so they can be removed if a terminator is installed.

If you have traced all the suggestions in Appendix D and all the fault suggestions for the "Downstairs error" ie. air sensor cable and other cables then I would suggest getting it down to the minimum required hardware in Appendix A. This may require that you fit terminator boards in place of CPU's 2, 3 and 4 if you can get hold of them. The terminator board has Compaq spare part number 312334-001.

You can get them on Ebay cheaply enough if you plan to go that way.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=312334-001&category0=

Sorry - but I can't think of anything else but if I do I will update you.

Regards,

Brian