5486 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL 320 G4: Problems installing Windows 2003

SOLVED
Go to solution
Daniel Avella

Proliant DL 320 G4: Problems installing Windows 2003

Hello. I have a big problem with a DL320 G4. I tried to install Windows 2003 server SP1 spanish version and R2 too. When installation is finished, the machine resets itself. I can see a BSOD with BAD POOL HEADER message. Spanish HP service tell me that I must install another version of Windows, not Spanish. I tried a Portuguese version and it works fine, but not with a Spanish version. Why ? I need to install spanish version of Windows 2003 server, not in any other language. Exists any patch to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards from Spain.
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Avella

PD: I have 3 DL320 G4. I installed Windows 2003 server SPANISH without problems into 2 machines. Only fails on this machine. Same part number, bios revision, hd...
SmartStart hardware tests passed ok.
Tried to disable ASR...
CA1248225
Advisor
Solution

Hi Daniel,

I don't have specific advice to this issue, but your situation would suggest a firmware update at least worthwhile.

I would recommend downloading the Firmware Maintenance CD from the support page for the DL320, and applying it.

I would then boot up smartstart and perform a system erase on your server, before trying to reinstall the OS.
Daniel Avella

Thank you very much for your answer.
I solved the problem installing Windows 2003 disabling VIRTUAL INSTALL DISK option in BIOS.
But now I have another problem. I installed a Windows XP Professional Spanish version and get BAD POOL HEADER error ( installing drivers from floppy with F6 option ). I installed a portuguese and english version of Windows XP professional without problems.
I know that Windows XP is not supported for this machine, but it works fine in any other language. Spanish version of Windows XP professional fails.
Daniel Avella

Solved problem with Windows XP using SATA RAID controller enabled and virtual install disk disabled, loading sata windows 2000 drivers.