ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752565 Members
5548 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL580 G3 shutdown with Event ID: 4238 - Source: cpqasm2 error

CA1508072

Proliant DL580 G3 shutdown with Event ID: 4238 - Source: cpqasm2 error

Hi, just looking to find out if anyone has seen this error and knows how to fix it or what is causing it. The description in event viewer: The system encountered an uncorrectable system error prior to this boot. The error code is (bytes 3-0) 0x1E2662F, (bytes 7-4) 0x0.

I updated the server with the latest drivers (support pak) and firmware. HP has also ran a diagnostic check on the server and found no hardware issues. We just turned on error reporting the other day so hopefully we will have a dump.log soon. Thanks for your help.
9 REPLIES 9
Guido Elia
Frequent Advisor

I had yesterday the same issue on a ML350g4P
of a customer of mine.
Reboot with no apparent reason.
Some errors on firmware 7.90 or support pack 7.90 ?
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

What is listed in the SMH's (System Management Homepage) IML (Integrated Management Log)?
CA1508072

I see this in IML every time the server crashes (An Unrecoverable System Error has occurred (Error code 0x01E2662F, 0x00000000) which I believe is the same error showing in event viewer.
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

I'm unfamiliar with that specific error code, but normally replacing the system board corrects repeated 'unrecoverable system errors'. There's also a chance that it is a system DIMM failing, but again it is most likely the system board.
CA1508072

I would agree with you on replacing the system board. However HP has been onsite twice and ran hardware diagnostics and do not believe this to be a hardware related issue, YET.
Guido Elia
Frequent Advisor

In my case that is a fresh changed system board ! The event occurred just once until now !(Since 10 days from the replacement)
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

No hardware diagnostics utility will detect every hardware problem. I've seen plenty of instances when the HP diags showed that the server was fine, it continued to crash, I replaced the system board, and everything was fine from then on.
CA1508072

Today HP replaced the system board and memory 5hrs later the server crashed again with the same error.
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear that.

Are there any 'yellow bangs' shown in Device Manager?

Try showing hidden devices and check, too.

The reason I ask is that often when the Advanced System Management ('asm' of cpqasm2) has failed it will show as a yellow bang in Device Manager.