1752785 Members
5769 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Requesting Assistance About the LTO-5 Tape Drive

Brahim47
Occasional Advisor

Requesting Assistance About the LTO-5 Tape Drive

I have the honor to ask you to resolve my problem with my HPE LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 SAS External Tape Drive Model AQ281N # 040 installed on HP Proliant Gen8 G1610T microserver model 819185-421 on Windows server 2008 R2 standard service pack1 not detectable in LTFS by HPE LTFS configuration software and HPE Library and Tape Tools

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

What card is the tape drive connected to?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Brahim47
Occasional Advisor

Hi

Thanks a lot for your help; I apologize for the delay in the reply; I got sick. For your query, the HPE LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 SAS External Tape Drive Model AQ281N # 040 is installed on HP Proliant Microserver Gen8 G1610T model 819185-421 on Windows server 2008 R2 standard service (x64) pack1 connected to HP Smart Array P222 1-Port SAS Controller Card  by HP Cable 407344-003 2 meters External Mini SAS

It should be noted that to take the references of the card; I removed the card to scan the barcode; but unfortunately after mounting, the tape drive is not detected 

Before disassembly of the card; the tape drive appears on the device manager  

for that; in addition to the request of assistance for the configuration of the HPE LTO-5 tape drive in LTFS, I seek  the starting of the tape drive in question

cordially

Brahim47
Occasional Advisor

Configuring the HPE StoreEver LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 SAS External Tape Drive  has been successfully completed; now remains to kindly assist us to use it in LTFS

This  the tape drive is connected to the HP Smart Array P222 1-Port SAS Controller card by the HP 407344-003 2-Meter External Mini SAS Cable

Brahim47
Occasional Advisor

The HPE StoreOpen Standalone software has already been installed; but there is a problem after running the HPE LTFS configuration software according to the message '' No suitable tape drives found ''