ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753797 Members
7420 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ROM Update Utility for DL385

littlehogarth

ROM Update Utility for DL385

How do I launch the ROM Update Utility from the Firmware Maintenance CD?

I have a DL385 that I want to upgrade the processors prior to installing the OS. I have downloaded the latest Firmware Maintenance CD, but I cannot see an option to launch it before the Firmware Maintenance Session starts. Once the program loads it has a link saying ROM Update Utility and this simply says reboot the server with the CD in the drive and launch the Utility. Its probably very obvious. Thanks for the help.
3 REPLIES 3
Carlos_61
Valued Contributor

Hi, if you want you can download Systems ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade Diskette for HP ProLiant DL385 (A05) Servers, create boot diskette, boot from this and follow instructions, its easier...
littlehogarth

Thanks Carlos,

I thought the Maintenance CD may be easier as the server has an internal CD-ROM. Using the ROMPaq involves a diskette and therefore I need to find a diskette drive. Isn't the utility on the CD as user friendly?
Kazuto Okayasu
Advisor

You should be booting from the Firmware Maintenance CD to update the ROMs. Once the main interface of the CD starts, you need to go to 'Install Firmware' to update the ROMs. The older CDs didn't have this intermediate menu startup screen and would go straight to the ROM updates applet.