1748265 Members
3616 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SCSI unable to detect harddrives - Netserver LH3

Raymond Hefti
Occasional Contributor

SCSI unable to detect harddrives - Netserver LH3

Intro: we swapped out the E: drive which was part of a RAID (1) configuariotn and replaced it with a drive from another server netserver E60). (Obviously not thinking very clearly)

When we attempted to re-boot the Netserver LH3, we received an error that 2 logical drives were found and 2 drives failed.

We replaced the drive with the original drive BUT we continue to receive the error. When using HP Netraid tools all the drives apprear as failed.

What can we do to recover the original configuration (SCSI or RAID?) and get our system up?
Thank you for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Re: SCSI unable to detect harddrives - Netserver LH3

Hi Ray,

With the original drives in place, go back into M and choose "Objects-->Physical Drive" and highlight each of the failed drives and press . Choose "Make Online" from the menu and accept the warning about changing the logical drive state. Normally, we would not recommend doing this but in this case, we know why the drives are in a failed state. Escape out of the utility and boot the server normally.

Give that a try and write back,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.
I am King...of my apartment.
Raymond Hefti
Occasional Contributor

Sean,
I am sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Your solution worked. Ther server is alive and well and available.

Thank you, thank you, thank you,
a thousand times thank you!!!!!!

You have been a great help and most pleasant to work with!!

Who might I contact to sing your praises?
Best regards,
Ray
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Ray,

I'm really glad that worked out for you. Praise is given on the forums by assigning points (1-10) rating the value of the response. The best praise you could give me is to assign 10 points to my response.

Thanks,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.