1752623 Members
4270 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Server Warranty Info

dave mackler
Advisor

Server Warranty Info

I am unable to use the warranty web page as it requires the product name and serial number, as does on-line chat. That is what I don't know. I have tried to enter the 10 digit numbers on the little tags, there are two different ones on this server, neither works. On-line chat requires this. How do I get to the watrrenty info page??
6 REPLIES 6
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Re: Server Warranty Info

Hi Dave,

What type of server is it? There are lots of different families of servers; Netserver, Proliant, Prosignia, HP9000, VAX, Alpha, etc...

If you have the Serial Number, you can call HP Services at 1-800-474-6836 and then say the model name at the prompt. It will take you to an agent who can look up, not only the Product Number, but also if it still has support on it.

Best of luck,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
dave mackler
Advisor

thanks but

As I stated, I DON"T know the serial # and there is more than 1 tag with 10 character codes.
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Again, what model of server is it? If we knew that, we could potentially tell you the format. If it is a Netserver, it will probably start with US followed by 8 numbers.
Also, if you call Support, they can try both of the numbers.

Good Luck,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
dave mackler
Advisor

The server is a Proliant ML530 with dual processors, a floor model, not a rack
Alex woonings
Respected Contributor

Dave, you can see the serialnumber in the
BIOS, if you don't find it on the
server itself

BR618891
Advisor

Press F9 during boot to access the RBSU.
You can then access a page with Serial number and model number on it within here.