ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752798 Members
6005 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SmartArray 6400 BAttery errors

BR651443

SmartArray 6400 BAttery errors

Hi , I have a number of servers equipped with SmartArray 6400 SCSI controllers. Several of these servers are showing 'battery failed' status for the accelorator. I previously installed CP005131.exe (ssupposed fix) but the same servers show the problem. Are these battery errors genuine or false alerts. If false, can I fix them.
For information, I've just deployed insight manager agents 7.50 to all my servers and the errors persist. The servers are a mixture of ML530 G2, ML570 etc.

thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

2.34 suppose to fixed but never did
There is newer one 2.68

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24610.html
BR651443

Thanks for the info about the firmware update. The page doesn't mention the fix about the battery in the accelerator. Is this just the latest firmware update or does it specifically fix this issue ?

thanks
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Nils Einar Kjendlie

Have seen this a lot of times, in most cases , booting from the latest firmware upgrade cd, doing the upgrade on all scsi/raid/disk devices solves the problem within 72 hours,have even seen this problem occur after a disk replacement,the newer drive did not have the same firmware level as the others,that might be enough to trigger off this error....