4842 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Smartstart CD // Compaq Proliant 3000 Server

pire18azo
Occasional Visitor

Smartstart CD // Compaq Proliant 3000 Server

Hello,

I need to Download an old version of Smartstart for a Compaq Proliant 3000 Server. I tried the Smartstart 5.50 version but that didn’t work. I need this for a Windows Server 2000 to make an array. Does anyone know where I can get a 4.8 version?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
FabioC1
HPE Pro

Re: Smartstart CD // Compaq Proliant 3000 Server

Hi  pire18azo

I foud in other post thar this is a correct version - by @  Baumgartl Alex 

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/Compaq-Proliant-3000-setup-quot-Array-Not-Configured-quot/td-p/3228156

"  You need a CD: Smart Start vers. 5.5 (or older) for Compaq ProLiant Server Installation and Configuration. With this CD, you can install a system partition and configure the Server.

When you need install without a System Partition, you can press "F8" at Startup (after inizialized Smart Array Controller)and configure a logical Disk on Smart Array Controller. Then you can install with OS boot medium (not recommendable). "

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=244570&swItemId=MTX_597d7cb6b45d493285e27c1412&swEnvOid=4184#tab3

Compaq has worked closely with its software partners to enable SmartStart to set up a server and install all leading server operating systems using the off-the-shelf packaged product media as supplied by the software vendor. With SmartStart Release 5.5, Compaq supports the off-the-shelf Assisted Integration installation of the following:

Supported HW - Compaq ProLiant 3000 Server - 

Installation: 
Contents of this ZIP file:

• Readme.txt

• CD ISO image

• spd.ini

Making a physical CD from an ISO image file
Download the file to a temporary directory and extract the ISO image to that directory.

To create a CD from this ISO image, you must use a software utility capable of writing an ISO file to a recordable media such as CD-R. 

Note

: Simply copying the ISO file to a CD-R will NOT result in a usable CD.

FabioC1 - HPE Pro

Accept or Kudo