6395 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SmartStart - Time

SOLVED
Go to solution
Luke Young

SmartStart - Time

I'm trying to install SBS 2008 on a new hp ML350 G5. SmartStart 8.25 has been hung saying "copying data files" for about 3 hours... is this normal? When should I try something new?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
DCraig84
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi Luke,

Not sure if you have already resolved this issue?

This isn't normal. How are you installing 2008? ISO or flat files?

It would be a good idea to flash the firmware of the server before deploying these firmware updates can be downloaded from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279711&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121586тМй=en&cc=us

flash the firmware then try deploying the server using the smart start CD and using flat files to install win 2008
DCraig84
Occasional Advisor

failing the above, download a new version of smart start from the website. I had a similar problem a few months ago with version 8.20 not deploying win 2008 I downloaded smart start 8.20 from the web site and tried again and all worked fine.
Luke Young

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I got past that problem by re-booting / restarting the process from the beginning. Worked much better the next time. It would be nice if there was some way of knowing whether something is actually happening!

DCraig84
Occasional Advisor

Great glad you got it sorted.

cheers
Dave