ProLiant Servers - Netservers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplemental IDE HDD in ML370 G2 unrecognized.

Highlighted

Supplemental IDE HDD in ML370 G2 unrecognized.

In my ML370 G2 there is, 2 disks in raid 1 for the system partition (C:\), 3 disks in raid 5 for the data partition (E:\), 1 spare disk for a automatic rebuild in case ... There is also a scsi tape drive and a ide dvd reader (D:\).
I would like add a ide hdd 120 Gb (primary)with the ide dvd drive (secondary).
When i make this it seams that the BIOS recognize the drives as (C:\ and CDROM) but, when the system is up, the new drive is not visible (Disk Management).
Is it a conflict with the C:\'s drives ?
How to put the new drive in F:\ (for ex.) ?
Evidently i don't want to reconfigure the raid devices.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Supplemental IDE HDD in ML370 G2 unrecognized.

add alternate IDE controller (PCI card) don't use on board IDe , it made only for CD DVD
Highlighted

Re: Supplemental IDE HDD in ML370 G2 unrecognized.

I am also trying to add an IDE 120gb drive to a Proliant 2500 server. I am attempting to use an Adaptec ASH-1233 ATA adapter. The card and attached drive are properly recognized during startup. The problem is when I boot the server with the card installed, it invariably wants to boot to the drive attached to it. So, I get a non-system disk boot error, and cannot go further. There is no way to turn off the bios on the controller card. The error also comes up before I can F10 my way into the system bios. If I remove the card the server boots fine. I have tried changing the boot order in the bios, but no change. Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks