1752273 Members
4613 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ups r1500

Sherry Webb

ups r1500

Hoping for someone who has replaced the batteries in this unit. It is daisy-chained with 4 batteries. In ignorance I didn't diagram the plugs before disconnecting. Now I have 3 black and one red wire with 2 black and 2 red connections per 2 battery packs! Book says to connect red to red, black to black. I have too many black and not enough red! One set of black wires is a jumper. Anyone who knows what I am talking about and can give me some idea how to connect this, please reply!
2 REPLIES 2
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

Sherry,
Try this website for your UPS. The Installation guide would be a good place to start, then possibly the Users guide.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179111&taskId=101&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=331790

I hope this helps.

Good Luck - Tim
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.
Sherry Webb

Thanks for your link. I found another ups with 4 batteries that showed how to daisychain the plugs. All is good with my little corner of the world!