ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753894 Members
7802 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Virtual Media Disconnect iLO Problem on ML370

CA1495278

Virtual Media Disconnect iLO Problem on ML370

I've been having fits trying to figure out a problem I've been having with an iLO on an ML370. What happens is that whenever I try to boot to an image (in this case it's a redhat cd) in order to do a kickstart install, it begins the boot process, and by the time I've entered the kickstart command the virtual media has become disconnected. If I try to disconnect and reconnect the media, it says the media is already in use. Does anyone else know a fix to this problem?
4 REPLIES 4
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

Re: Virtual Media Disconnect iLO Problem on ML370

Tony,

Do you have the latest ilo firmware loaded? Make sure you've also got a compatible java version on the PC/laptop you're using to connect to ilo.

Are you using a .iso or an actual CD? If it's a iso image it may be corrupt. Check the MD5 sum's from when you downloaded it with the checksum of the file.
CA1495278

Latest firmware, actual iso file, definitely not corrupt. It works perfectly on a lot of other ilo's, just can't use it on this site in particular.
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

Is the iso mounted from your pc/laptop?

Is your pc/laptop on the same site/subnet as the server/ilo, or over a WAN connection?

I've had problems using ilo media over wan connections and what i've done is connect to ILO from a machine located at the same site as the server.

If it's a seperate subnet on the same site you'd probably be ok. My issues were across WAN connections (not 10/100/1000 LAN).

Can you successfully boot the same iso from a different server?

What version & release are you using?

What generation/age is your ML370?
CA1495278

I don't have the luxury of being on-site or using a machine any closer to the one I'm trying to maintain. The image is being mounted from my laptop over a vpn connection. It works fine from multiple other sites, and I've used it on several other sites since I started having the problems, I just have the issue at the one place. The hardware is also the same across all the sites. It's a G5 ML370 with ilo2 cards running 1.35 firmware.