1752318 Members
6246 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Who Me Too'd this topic

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Keyboard Error !

I have been given the task of re-conditioning a ProLiant 5500 which also involves upgrading the O/S to Windows 2000 Server and am using the latest version of Smart Start for this (v5.40). Smart Start installation goes as smoothly as can be expected, Smart Start finishes and copies the installation files ready for Windows 2000 server installation. After re booting when copy has finished and Profile and Smart Start CD disks have been remove. Server starts up with the standard W2K server boot screen, then when you get the initial screen which prompts you to "click on NEXT to continue with setup", i find that there is no mouse cursor (as if not mouse was plugged in) and keyboard not responding (also as if it was not plugged in). I have tried replacing both devices but still not luck. Also tried reinstalling using a different make keyboard and mouse, but still no luck. Both keyboard and mouse were working during the Smart Start installation and on the previous O/S which was installed (WINNT4.0).

Any idea why this would be happening ?
Who Me Too'd this topic