Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753776 Members
7499 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Who Me Too'd this topic

stevewolf58
Occasional Contributor

Reporting failed Mirrored drive software ?

We are interested in getting a new server. I have been quoted a Xeon E5606 I think. (it really doesn't matter I think)

However I really want a warning weather it be email or big claxson, bell, beep what ever, to tell me when one of my SATA mirrored drives goes down. I Only plan on having two drives in the system, HW mirrored.

HP has quoted me 400 dollars (it even appears to be yearly according to the salesman's quote.)  for software that monitors the raid. Dell I believe offers this software for free.

Im not that familiar with HP hardware, but is there any of their systems that just automatically beeps when the drive goes bad or off line. Or has  a free option to warn me about impending doom. It seems kinda odd that they would charge for what seems like it should be part of the system. The sales guy says I can access the server from anywhere in the world. I dont need to a simple beep or email is good enough for me.

Dont suppose there is third party software.?

Can anyone answer my questions. Thanks.

Stev.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from General to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

Who Me Too'd this topic