Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753789 Members
7622 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Who Me Too'd this topic

OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

SIM 7.3 - XML files stuck in the traps folder.

Hello All.

I migrated our Sim 6.3 CMS to a new HP 7.2 CMS. However, the CPU was always at 50 % or above.

I browsed the file mxdomainmgr.0.log at found several messages like this one :

19 Apr 12:36:57,981 WARN  [StandardFileSystemManager] Could not notify listener of change to "file:/D:/program%20Files/HP/Systems Insight Manager/traps/<ip_address>-2013-04-19-12-35-48-188.xml".

org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 5 of document file:/D:/Program%20Files/HP/Systems%20Insight%20Manager/traps/<ip_address>-2013-04-19-12-35-48-188.xml: The reference to entity "PD" must end with the ';' delimiter. Nested exception: The reference to entity "PD" must end with the ';' delimiter.

The folder D:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\Traps was containing 2500+ XML files.

I stopped the HP sim service, renamed the traps folder to traps.old and created a new one, then restarted the sevice.

The CPU is now normal.

My understanding of the Traps folder is that each time the CMS receives a trap, it stores it in that folder in a XML file and deletes it when treated. This explain why I see files appearing then disappearing.

My question : why is there some files that the CMS seems unabledd to handle ? These files are not deleted and seems to cause a high CPU usage when they are too many.

Thank you for your replies.

Regards.

Who Me Too'd this topic