ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753698 Members
4838 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Who Me Too'd this topic

Sbrown
Valued Contributor

Anyone using the new HP SmartPath (aka LSI fastpath clone) feature of the P420 with ssd?

Cool new feature for the DL360e ! Take the P420/1gb FBWC, disable all the goodies and it is 3.5x faster with ssd reading and maybe faster writing, bypasses all cache!

This makes the P420/1gb FBWC almost as fast as the LSI2308 riser 8 port sas option, and nearly as fast as the intel 6 port sata base option!

The $1000 P420/1gb FBWC is now almost as fast as the $200 LSI2308 riser option, and with 6 ssd nearly as fast as the bast intel eRST 5 port sata option!

Cool new feature! 

It's free but only works with windows! Check it out!

I hope they come up with more features to disable functionality and increase speed with emerging technology like nearline SSD!!

A great feature would be to take the 8 core cpu and disable all but 2 cores leaving the full cache on and full turbo speed! 2 CORES @ 4.4ghz for the price of 8 cores!! :) HP if you are listening I would love this feature!

LSI calls this feature FASTPATH. Switches have this feature, instead of reading the data in and checking it, you start reading in the data until you know where it goes and "cut-through" the transfer. The only negative bit of this is the error-checking but I'm sure the driver would handle that (lsi i'm talking about).

Who Me Too'd this topic