HPE OneView
1745873 Members
4353 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Who Me Too'd this topic

DaveCook_ITP
Occasional Collector

VMware Virtual Center Appliance 6.0 with external PSC and OneView Plugin, No Web Client Object/Tab

I have an issue that I've been beating to death for about 3 days now.  I have a brand new installation of vSphere 6.0.0, 3825889 using External Platform Service Appliance and seperate vCenter Server Appliances.  I've built a new W2K12 R2 VM and installed HPE OneView for vCenter.  The installation went flawlessley and I entered the correct FQDN of the vCenter appliance.  I viewed the certificate and it matches my FQDN name.  The result is the plugin shows in the Win32 client as disabled (expected) but NOTHING shows in the vSphere Web Client.  I have no web clients open anywhere during the installation.  I've rebooted both the PSC and VC appliances separately to no avail.  If I look at the MOB interface, there is an Extension entry for extensionList com.hp.ov4vc.ngc.all.v6.0 but there's no HPE Tab or Object anywhere to be found.  I'm at my wits end and I need resolution ASAP. 

I've removed and added the MOB entry multiple times, I can ping and NSLOOKUP the IP and FQDN of the VC and PSC and the OV4VC guest VM every which way.  I'm running Virtual Connect 4.5 and OneView 2.00.02-0219211.  I've completely deleted ALL VMs and appliancesa and rebuilt EVERYTHING from scratch and nothing is different. 

I do see the HP OneView for VMware vCenter (with the correct FQDN for vCenter) in the Administration --> Services list but when I right click on it, the options grey out immediately.  Lastly, I always attempt to register this product with vCenter using the Administrator@vsphere.local SSO account. 

Any ideas before I start recommending Dell products?  :P

Who Me Too'd this topic