4765 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Who Me Too'd this topic

Erick Arturo Perez
Frequent Advisor

Warranty of midline hard disks inside a Proliant System with 3yr carepack

Good day to all,

If I have a Proliant DL180Gen9 that I have applied at purchase time the carepack:

U7AT3E / HPE 3 year Foundation Care 24x7 DL180 Gen9 Service

and at the same time i purchased in the same PO the following disks:

782669-B21 / HP 6TB 6G SAS 7.2K rpm LFF (3.5-inch) Midline 1yr Warranty Hard Drive

And hipotetically one (or several) disks fail at month 24. 

1- Will my Proliant 3/3/3 warranty covers the disks?

2- Or is the Foundation Care that covers the disks?

3- Or (see below) Im out of warranty because the disks claim 1yr warranty?

From the HP SAS Hard drives document:

SAS Enterprise hard drives have a 3 year limited warranty regardless of the warranty period for the system in which they are installed.
SAS Midline hard drives have a 1 year limited warranty regardless of the warranty period for the system in which they are installed.

4. Or because of this, then I do have protection and the disks can be replaced?

Service and Support

NOTE: HPE SATA and SAS Hard drives are covered under the HPE Care Pack/ Service Contract applied to the HPE ProLiant Server. No separate HPE Care Packs need to be purchased.

This question is because I want to build a scale-out configuration with large (bigger than 2TB) drives and ENT drives go up to 1.8TB but Midline have 2TB, 4TB and 6TB drives.

Thanks for your advice. My local HP Supplier bailed out on this question and a HP LATAM representative I spoke to was only able to roboticly-read the warranty lines on PDF files and suggested I go with ENT drives for the 3yr warranty avoiding my "I dont need 1.8TB drives" comments.

Thanks for your comments.

Who Me Too'd this topic