1752802 Members
5481 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Who Me Too'd this topic

commtech
Occasional Advisor

HP Virtual Connect 4Gb FC Module (409513-B22) "No communication" error - Enclosure degraded status

Hello All,

First (Bay 3) HP Virtual Connect 4Gb FC Module (409513-B22) lost communication with Onboard Administrator (No IP assignment) and as a result the Enclosure got degraded status. The general  VC FC module  status was still OK (see below)

Status Status  OK Thermal Status  OK Powered On

Diagnostic Information Device Identification Data   OK Temperature   OK Overheat Check   OK I/O Configuration   OK Power Allocation Request   OK

A couple of reset, power off/power on operations did not change the situation. We decided to replace suspicious VC FC module by using the same module model from another HPE Blade Enclosure. Unfortunately there is still  "No communication" error and additionally used Uplink ports have "NOT-LOGGED-IN" connector status. For the sake of completeness  the firmware version is the same on both VC FC modules.

It seems that simple replacement of VC 4Gb FC Module is unsuccessful. Could someone explain what can be a reason of "No communication" error and whether any additional steps are needed in case we replace VC FC module?

Is there any special procedure in order to add new VC FC module to the existing VC domain?  We use HP Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager.

Regards

Who Me Too'd this topic