1751974 Members
4660 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion

Who Me Too'd this topic

MarioE
Valued Contributor

Gen10 Server HTTP connection interrupted with iLO version 1.43 or higher with iLOAmplifierPack

Hi Community

Initial situation:
I want to manage/monitor/remote support my ProLiant DL Servers with HPE OneView.
But I also want to manage/monitor my ProLiant DL Servers with HPE InfoSight. For this I need the iLOAmplifierPack (Version 1.40).

I had over months ProLiant DL Servers in the iLOAmplifierPack without Problem. The firmware versions of the iLO were:
1.37 Oct 25 2018
1.35 Aug 14 2018
1.30 May 31 2018

Problem:
Now I made an update to the iLO version "1.43 May 23 2019".
Since the update I have the problem (every few weeks) that the iLO does not reach over HTTP any more. Following error in HPE OneView:

Unable to collect firmware inventory from the server. The firmware inventory in OneView may not be up to date.

With ssh (cli) the iLO is accessible and I can reset the iLO. Then the connection works again for the next few weeks.
Also an update to iLO version 1.45(3 Jul 2019) didn't work. Release Notes:
- Fixed problem introduced in iLO 5 v1.43 which could cause an HTTP connection to be refused under high activity of REST calls.

If I remove the servers with iLO version higher than 1.43 from the iLOAmplifierPack, I don't have the problems anymore. It seems that the iLO versions higher than 1.43 have problems with the iLOAmplifierPack.

Has anyone used Gen10 servers with iLO version higher than 1.43 with iLOAmplifierPack and noticed the same problems?

Who Me Too'd this topic