Secure OS Software for Linux
1752292 Members
5035 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Install suse in HP380G5 where no internal hard disks and only E200 hp disk arrays

Indika Nimalrathna

Install suse in HP380G5 where no internal hard disks and only E200 hp disk arrays

we have a new HP Proliant DL380G5 server with HP smart arrays. There's no internal hard drive installed. when we try to install SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, in the installation window (Yast), it gives the following error message.
"Error: No Hard disks were found for the installation. Please check your hardware".

If we plug a USB device, the above error message doesn't appear and as the hard disks for the OS to be installed, the usb device (/dev/sda1) is displayed. But no other hard disks.

We have HP Smart Start cd's also. But in all the cd's we have, only windows OS are available. No suse operating systems. But i need to install suse in this server.

Somebody please give me a clue....!
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
smatador
Honored Contributor

Re: Install suse in HP380G5 where no internal hard disks and only E200 hp disk arrays

Indika Nimalrathna

Re: Install suse in HP380G5 where no internal hard disks and only E200 hp disk arrays

Hi machan,
Thanx 4 da help. We just found out that one cd was missing. (SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9.0 SP02 CD1).
After booting with this cd, problem was solved. Some drivers were missing for HP E200 arrays.
Thanxx again
mfth

I faced the exact problem these days.

Could you please explain me more?
Maaz
Valued Contributor

use SLES 9 SP 4, or SLES 10 SP 3

download sles9sp4
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=MDhnIu6tHOk~

download sles10sp3
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=Z4ysu62Q4gw~

you have to create a free Novell account to download.

Regards
Maaz