4867 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VC Agent not configured ?

Danny_55
Occasional Contributor

VC Agent not configured ?

Hi,

Running Insight Manager 7 SP 2.3. All our servers have autodiscovered and most are okay but some servers have a blue dot for SW and not the warning. When you hover over the blue dot it says VC Agent not configured. I click on the blue dot and go into vc agent and it is configured but it does not seem to be sending the updates back to insight manager.

Any ideas ?
5 REPLIES 5
Andrei Khairetdinov
Valued Contributor

Re: VC Agent not configured ?

I guess there should be a daily task "Software status polling" running and all devices covered by this task. Check if the problematic servers are covered. Also port 2301 should be opened.
Chris Turnbull
Valued Contributor

Danny,

On the Device Home page for one of the blue dot servers, go to the Settings tab and click on Options.

Under Trust Mode, make an appropriate selection for your network - I use 'Trust by Name' and key the name of my IM7 server into the field.

Then click Save Configuration and from IM Console choose Devices, Tasks, Software Version Status Polling. Once this completes your blue dot should change to the appropriate status.
Riju Oommen

Removing and adding the Software Version Agent in the Management Agents Control Panel Applet should work.
pgarr
Frequent Advisor

Just to add a confirmation- remove/re-add the software version agent in control panel\hp mmgmt agents did successfully fix 2 issues I had with VC agent.

My issues were;
First the VC agent was configured correctly but not being detected as such by HPSIM- i got "VC Agent not found"

Secondly one some servers the agent was detected by communication was failing with "Software Version Status: system communication errors" when clicked on i got a error page with possibly fix but when set did not fix the issue:

Error communicating with Version Control AgentThere was an HTTP error with the Version Control Agent (VCA) on this system. In slower environments this could be because HTTP requests are timing out. To correct this run the command

mxglobalsettings -ld http_request_timeout

This will return the current HTTP timeout value, in seconds (the default is 15). Increase the setting using

mxglobalsettings -s http_request_timeout=x

where 'x' is the new timeout value. Note that adjusting this setting will affect HP SIM performance and should be used carefully.

CheBourne
Occasional Visitor

Using systems insight manager 6 build: C.06.00.00.00
We were getting the blue question marks under VCA in previous version.
Now getting white info icon under VCA on some servers.
Can confirm that doing a Software Status Poll solves the problem - as long as you do it twice!
This works for all servers apart from the server with SIM installed.