8986 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BL460c ILO2 problem after firmware (ROM flash) upgrade to 1.70

Christophe Kottelat
Occasional Contributor

Re: BL460c ILO2 problem after firmware (ROM flash) upgrade to 1.70

Hello,

Thanks for your information. I will install this latest driver and we will see if these errors go away once for ever. If yes, then I will renable the ASR option.

Regards
Christophe

Roland Wengert
Advisor

Hello,
I tried to install the latest ILO2 Management Controller driver on a Windows 2008 X64 machine(Component CP011258.exe) using Version Control Agent. The Install failed. Then I tried to install the component locally on the server. When doing so the setup dialog prompts me whether the unsigned (!!!) driver should be installed or not. Indeed the drives are not digitally signed (also CP011256.exe CP011257.exe and CP011259.exe are not). Does anyone make the same experience and how does HP think about that ???
Rancher
Honored Contributor

There are other threads in other forums dealing with the same iLO issue. The drivers not being signed has also surfaced. See the last couple of entries in this thread:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1332008
Torbjorn Mohn
Frequent Advisor

That's odd. The file I have downloaded is cp011256.exe and has no such problems. Installed it manually with no questions about unsigned at all? When I try to download it again from here http://tinyurl.com/mhkrcv it sure is cp011256.exe? Where did you get your file from?
Roland Wengert
Advisor

Hi,
I know that the components CP011256 /CP011257 and CP011259 do not make such problems when installing then. The problem only occurs when installing the component CP011258 for Windows Server 2008 x64 for only 2008 X64 does not accept unsigned drivers. 2003 X86, 2003 X64 and 2008 X86 do accept them (as I know)
David R Mitchell

HP has released a new advisory to address this issue on July 6th .
SUPPORT COMMUNICATION - CUSTOMER ADVISORY
Document ID: c01802766

Version: 1

Advisory: Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) Firmware Version 1.70 (Or Earlier) And iLO 2 Management Controller Driver Version 1.9.0 Or 1.11 - ProLiant Server May Unexpectedly Reboot And Display Event ID 57 Error Messages

RESOLUTION
In order to prevent unexpected server reboots, upgrade to both of the following:

Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) Firmware Version 1.78 (or later)
iLO 2 Management Controller Driver Version 1.11.2.0 (or later).
Instructions for ProLiant BL-Series Server Blades

Perform the following steps to upgrade to iLO 2 Firmware Version 1.78 (or later):

Select the following URL:
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers

Under category, select BladeSystem .
Select BladeSystem Server Blades .
Select HP ProLiant BL Server Blades .
Select the appropriate server blade.
Select the appropriate operating system.
Under category select Firmware - Lights-Out Management .
Select the Download button next to the description Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 Version 1.78 (or later).
Perform the following steps to upgrade to HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver Version 1.11.2.0 (or later):

Under category, select BladeSystem .
Select BladeSystem Server Blades .
Select HP ProLiant BL Server Blades .
Select the appropriate server blade.
Under category select Driver - System Management .
Select the Download button next to the description HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver Version 1.11.2.0 (or later).
Instructions for ProLiant ML-Series and DL-Series Servers

Perform the following steps to upgrade to iLO 2 Firmware Version 1.78 (or later):

Under category select Servers .
Select ProLiant/tc Series Servers.
Select the appropriate server.
Under category select Firmware - Lights-Out Management.
Select the Download button next to Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out 2 Version 1.78 (or later).
Perform the following steps to upgrade to HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver Version 1.11.2.0 (or later):

Under category select Servers .
Select ProLiant/tc Series Servers .
Select the appropriate server.
Under category select Driver - System Management .
Select the Download button next to the description HP ProLiant iLO 2 Management Controller Driver Version 1.11.2.0 (or later).
Alex Quinn

--BL460c Physical server Win2003 x32--
Hi,
I cannot run the cp011257.exe (1.11.1.2) without an error and still getting hpqilo2 warnings (error 57 mailnly) I rebooted server with Smartstart 8.50 which includes PSP 8.25. which I was advsied to use to remedy something else...
I really need to update all my blades, firmware, PSPs etc and I'd like to use smartstart which seems to be the most thorough way, but I cant rely on the some of the drvers within. Are HP going to re-release smartstart or current PSP and how do I fix the error 57 please?
Tuscani_1
Frequent Advisor

Same issue here with my 460c blades.. just upgraded to from 1.9.0.0 and 1.70

1.11.2.0 and 1.78 firmware

Will see how it goes. I plan to disable ASR if needed
Kase
Frequent Advisor

Update on the x64 Unsigned Driver: I initially downloaded an incorrectly signed driver from the bl465c product page (cp011258.exe). I just checked again and there appears to be a new component, cp011354.exe that is the correctly signed version of the 1.11.2.0 iLO controller driver for 2008 x64.
acartes
Honored Contributor

The problem solution requires both:
- update to iLO 2 v1.78 or later
- update the Windows Management Controller Driver to 1.11.2.0 or later

Updating one or the other is not a complete fix.