5290 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Configure SNMP on ILO 2 and ILO 3 ?

k3vin
Visitor

Configure SNMP on ILO 2 and ILO 3 ?

Hello,

I'm writing to you because I want explanations on how to configure SNMP on ILO 2 and ILO 3. I know how to do it on ILO 4 and ILO 5. The problem with ILO 2 and ILO 3 is that you can't configure the string community and you can't know the version of SNMP (v1, v2c or v3).

My goal would be to be able to monitor ILO servers with my SNMP monitoring tool. And on my supervision tool, I have to enter the SNMP information of the ILO I want to monitor (the string community and the SNMP version).

So, can you please explain me how to do this? I've been blocked for 3 weeks and I've done a lot of research without finding anything.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Bonjour,

Je vous ├йcris car je souhaite des explications sur comment configurer SNMP sur les ILO 2 et ILO 3. Je sais le faire sur les ILO 4 et ILO 5. Le probl├иme sur les ILO 2 et ILO 3, c'est qu'on ne peut pas configurer la communaut├й string et on ne peut pas savoir la version de SNMP (v1, v2c ou v3).

Mon objectif serait de pouvoir surveiller des serveurs ILOs avec mon outil de supervision via SNMP. Et sur mon outil de supervision, je suis oblig├й d'entrer les informations SNMP de l'ILO que je souhaite surveiller (la communaut├й string et la version SNMP).

Du coup, pouvez-vous m'expliquer comment faire s'il vous pla├оt ? Je suis bloqu├й depuis 3 semaines et j'ai fait beaucoup de recherches sans rien trouver.

Je vous remercie d'avance.

Cordialement,

8 REPLIES 8
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Configure SNMP on ILO 2 and ILO 3 ?

Hi

Please refer below HPE articles with reference to iLO 2 and 3 SNMP setting.

HPE Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO2) - SNMP/Insight Manager Settings
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00043538en_us&docLocale=en_US#:~:text=Select%20Management%20in%20the%20Administration,Click%20Apply%20Settings.

HPE Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO2) - Troubleshooting Alert and Trap Issues
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00045595en_us&docLocale=en_US

HPE Integrated Lights-Out 3 (iLO 3) - Configuring iLO Management Settings
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00045473en_us&docLocale=en_US

Please let us know if you need any further clarification.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
k3vin
Visitor

Hi,

Thank you very much for your response. For what you sent me, I know how to do it. The problem is that ILO 2 and ILO 3 unlike ILO 4 and ILO 5, you can't set up the string community and indicate the SNMP version. However, on my monitoring tool, I am obliged to put the string community and the SNMP version of the ILO I want to monitor. How do I do this?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

AmRa
HPE Pro

We have checked in HPE lab and iLO2/3 documentation and noticed that there is no such option available to add community string for iLO2 and iLO3.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
k3vin
Visitor

Hello,

I understand but in this case, how can we monitor these machines via SNMP, if we can't add the string community? Because when I type the snmpwalk .... command nothing happens.

Thanks

AmRa
HPE Pro

have your tried with default community string "public".

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo
k3vin
Visitor

Yes, I used the snmpwalk command and entered by default the public community string and the snmp v2c version. And nothing happens...

afeno_en
Visitor

Hello @k3vin ,

I know that this is an old thread, but did you find a solution to use SNMP with ILO3? Apart from installing SIM that is overkilling me due to the resources that required.

I would live to receive the Alerts like any other device having SNMP capability.

Thanks!

Marco Correnti Techno S
Frequent Advisor

My experience about ILO2/3 trap management but I have still problem ....

I think I miss the last part of the configuration, it is about the sending trap from OS to ILO.

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/ILO-2-4-Hardware-trap-to-OpenNMS/td-p/7162297