Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748113 Members
3440 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 G7 ILO3 always shows degraded even when up to date.

Pber
Advisor

DL380 G7 ILO3 always shows degraded even when up to date.

Recently I updated my ILO3 Management Controller Driver to v3.3.0 (cp013868) and now version controller is always showing it as the software is out of date. Prior updates right up to v3.2.0 always displayed properly, but not v3.3.0.
I think there is a bug in 3.3.0 where they only updated the Monitor service to v3.3.0, but left the drivers at 3.2.0.

Has anyone else seen this. I'm running Windows 2008 R2.
6 REPLIES 6
Pber
Advisor

See attached screenshot
Robin Hotter
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

We are seeing exactly the same issue on our new G7's as well and from one of the two server we've just brought it kept sending us this alert:

SNMP Trap:        9006

Date time:           07/03/2011  09:46:51 PM

Computer:          servername

Source:                 Server Agents

Type:                     Error

Category:            (4)

Description:

A 'Remote Insight Board Interface Error' trap signifies that the Compaq Remote Insight Board has detected a controller interface error.

Details:

None

I've downgraded the driver to 3.2 and now they both show that they are 3.2 but the latest PSP has version 3.3.

Our G6's only show one entry for the ilo2. Does any one know why the G7's show two ilo 3's?

Our servers are running Windows 2008 R2 SP1.

Cheers,

Rob

Mick_Ryan
Occasional Visitor

Were seeing the same thing with BL460c G7 and DL380 G7 within the version control agent listing the HP ProLiant ilo 3 management controller diver package for windwos server 2003 x86 vesion 3.3.0.0 and 3.2.0.0. According to the HP website version 3.3.0.0 (C)  release on 1 Jul 2011 has updated component metadata to prevent the Version Control Agent from listing the component twice. The actual driver package is unchanged from the original 3.3.0.0 release. After applying this update the version control agent still lists both versions.:smileysad:

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

We are working on a VCA patch to resolve the double listing of the driver component.

On the Trap 9006 issue, we are currently investigating this issue. It's hard to debug since it is very intermittent and we only see it once every two weeks in our labs.

Hi,

Any update on this one? I downloaded the latest version of the driver 3.3.0 C but the issue is still there?

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
ren_yx

Hi,

I have two DL380 G7 servers with iLO firmware 1.2.5 and driver 3.3.1.0. Both of them are showing "controller interface error" once per month.

The firmware of the main board was updated to 2011.05.05 (P67), did not help.