1752312 Members
5687 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO 2 - No Video on Remote/Integrated Console

Oberon
Advisor

ILO 2 - No Video on Remote/Integrated Console

I have a BL460C in a C7000 chassis that will not give me a console - either Integrated Remote (just grey screen) or the Remote Console (gives me No Video in the console and DVC Mode (RC4-128 bit) No Video on the status bar).

I have 1.77 firmware on the ILO and I15 on the BL460c - all other ILOs are accessible with the browser that I am using so I believe it is not Java/Client related.

I do get system boot messages if I ssh into the ILO system and run a virtual console (VSP).

Any suggestions on a resolution?
8 REPLIES 8
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Oberon,

Which revision of the I15 firmware is running? The newest is 11/02/2008, although older firmware revs are also known as I15.

Which OS is running on the server? Do you get any video while the system boots?
Oberon
Advisor

Which revision of the I15 firmware is running? The newest is 11/02/2008, although older firmware revs are also known as I15.

A - 11/02/2008

Which OS is running on the server? Do you get any video while the system boots?

A - nothing yet - trying to do remote install of an OS but have not seen the console even when I have the media mounted - console is blank as per my issue.

Thanks
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

I apologize if I am asking remedial questions, just want to make sure we're covering the basics. :)

Are you going through the OA page to connect to the remote console? Have you tried connecting instead to the iLO management page for this server (or use the Web Administration link in the OA)?

You may want to try re-seating the blade if you haven't already, although getting an ssh session would seem to prove no communication errors...

Another option is to try to connect directly to the front of the blade with an SUV cable. I think you might see this scenario if the video controller on the board has failed. If that is the case, open a support case for the motherboard.
Oberon
Advisor

I have tried connecting through the OA and direct to the ILO address also - remember I can run a VSP serial session but not a graphic one.

I have reseated the blade and in different slots also - thanks.

The SUV cable is my last chance I suppose.

In summary I can connect to this system via ILO and run serial console sessions but not graphical ones (Integrated Remote or Java based Remote Console).

Thanks
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Do you have a second machine that is not running any OS? If so, swap motherboards between the two and see if the problem follows the board. I have to return to my answer of a failed video controller on the system board.

HTH
Oberon
Advisor

OK - will try and I will log a replacement call also.

Thanks for the suggestions
Oberon
Advisor

Replacement planned
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

I'm glad to hear you have planned a replacement Please let us know if that solves this issue and award points if you feel fit!