4682 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO Advanced Pack Licence Key Distribution EnMass

Tech Head UK
Occasional Contributor

iLO Advanced Pack Licence Key Distribution EnMass

Hi,

I have approx 100 HP Proliant servers that I will be building (DL360 G5 with W2K3) and am looking for a convenient way of distributing the unique Integrated Lights-Out Advanced Pack licence keys to each of the servers, ie: without having to manually go through the web interface each time.

I see that you can add a licence key using CPQLOCFG.EXE and passing it an XML file which contains the key/licence id but this unfortunately doesn't really help things as I'd need to change the license key each time I run this util on a new server.

Any ideas much appreciated. :) Also if anyone knows of any good scripts that will prompt to enter a iLO's ID/Name, IP, etc and license key and will then apply these details to the iLO I'd be very grateful if you'd let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Simon
2 REPLIES 2
Tech Head UK
Occasional Contributor

Sorry another question: Does the HP licencing of the Integrated Lights-Out Advanced Pack allow you to enter just a single licence key for multiple servers - whilst owning and being able to present the other keys in the event of a licencing audit?

Thanks again,

Simon
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

There is an option for Master License Agreement (MLA) license keys. Here you get a single key for large number of servers/seats. While purchasing the license you can opt for MLA key which can be used for all / most of the servers.

I would suggest you to have the license keys in a file and read them one by one while running the script using CPQLOCFG. You can specify user name and password from command line (-u and -p options) which will override the credentials present in the script. Hence you need to replace only the license key while running the scripts.