7499 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO Amplifiver v1.60 - fails to add any iLO 5 Gen10 servers

KCSSolutions
Frequent Visitor

iLO Amplifiver v1.60 - fails to add any iLO 5 Gen10 servers

Hi everyone,

We're an MSP and had configured iLO Amplifier to connect remotely to our clients servers to a mix of Gen8 - Gen10 boxes with success.

We upgraded the iLO Amplifier box to v1.60 this last weekend and it dropped all of the Gen10 / iLO 5 boxes spread across different customer sites. I've tried various items to get them back up including reseting the Managed Systems Configuration. I eventually resorted to ripping and replacing the iLO Amplifier VM and installing a fresh v1.60 version, the same issue is experieced.

When adding a Gen10 / iLO 5 box it waits around and simply states 'Failed to add server' and the log show 'AddNode'Failed', oddly fails to show the IP of the server being added and just lists 'address'. Adding iLO 4 boxes works fine. I'm now using one specific server to test if it will add it, this box is:

• ML110 Gen 10
  • iLO 5 with v2.15 firmware
  • The iLO webpage interface is accessible and logs in from the same internal & external network ranges our iLO Amplifer VM is on.

I can see the traffic exiting and entering out network when connecting on the https web interface and adding the server to iLO Amplifier but now nothing appears to be returning for the Ampl request.

Am I missing something obvious that I'm glossing over or has anyone else experienced this issue / found a solution?

Greg.

Activity Log Copy:

Event Name : AddNodeFail
Severity : Warning
Timestamp: 2020-06-05T09:26:21Z
Summary : Adding server with address failed due to server not responding.
Description: Add server operation failed due to server not responding or invalid address was given.
Action Required : Verify if the server is powered up and responding.Check the credentials entered.Also verify the server has supported iLO Version.

11 REPLIES 11
Rajeshds
Occasional Visitor

Re: iLO Amplifiver v1.60 - fails to add any iLO 5 Gen10 servers

Hi,

Is it possible to share the amplifier logs for us to triage further?

Thanks,

Rajesh

I work for HPE
KCSSolutions
Frequent Visitor

Morning Rajeshds,

I test added the testing server (176.35.X.X) again this morning to force it into the logs, looking at the diagnostic logs I can see the Add failure listed in both the syslog and the wolfram logs. Full logs linked which expires Wednesday 10th - https://bit.ly/37c6mVg

Rajeshds
Occasional Visitor

Hi Greg, 

I have copied the logs, will analyse and get back to you if any further inrformation is needed.

Thanks,

Rajesh

I work for HPE
Rajeshds
Occasional Visitor

Hello Greg,

Sine we couldn't get much information in the logs, can we have a live triaging session on the setup?

Please reply to my mail ID: Private Info Erased

Thanks,

Rajesh

I work for HPE
KCSSolutions
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Rajesh - I'll follow up via email.

badewulf
Occasional Visitor

Any solution for this issue.  Have the same problem , cannot add G10 servers anymore . 

Ilo amplifier pack 1.60.  Ilo's of our customers are accessible through WAN from our WAN IP.  

KCSSolutions
Frequent Visitor

Not yet badewulf. 

We ran a remote session with HP but were unable to location the problem, so I need to do more testing at this end. We were able to get a rest-api response from the Gen10 iLO's correctly (testing using Taland API extension in Chrome).

Good to know we're not the only ones with the issue though, which points to a change in iLO Amp response instead of something unique to our setup. Although it could be a config commonality with both our scenarios.

Eugene2012
Advisor

Hmm, I have this problem with iLO Amplifier v2.10. It's due to the fact iLO4 or iLO5, doesn't matter.

Event Name : AddNodeFail
Severity : Warning
Timestamp: 2021-12-23T08:02:36Z
Summary : Adding server with address x.x.x.x failed due to server not responding.
Description: Add server operation failed due to server not responding or invalid address was given.
Action Required : Verify if the server is powered up and responding.Check the credentials entered.Also verify the server has supported iLO Version.
Eugene2012
Advisor

Investigations: by Amplifier CLI session the execution of

PING DEST ipadr_ilo_server

I have reply "Ipadr doesn't exist."

This message is to any ip adr ilo_servers.(