1748036 Members
4879 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLO and Citrix Metaframe XP installation hangs

Steve Stuer

iLO and Citrix Metaframe XP installation hangs

Hi,
We have 2 DL360 G4 servers with 2 gig of ram, and want to install Citrix Metaframe XP on it (the OS is Windows 2000 server).
During the install of Citrix (after having fully upgraded to every possible Service pack and update of Windows - now running Service Pack 4).
I have disabled the HP iLO management interface driver in the hardware (device manager) and turned off every possible HP Insight service on the machine :
Event Notifier, Foundation agent, NIC Agent, Server agent, Storage agent, Web agent and een the Compaq Remote Monitor Service).

What happens on both machines, is that the Citrix Metaframe installation hangs after pressing 'next' on the TAPI Modem installation screen.

Is there anything else I can do except disabling the iLO in the BIOS (problem is, I can only work on this machine from remote - i use VNC and/or Windows' Remote Desktop Connection.
2 REPLIES 2
Steen H. Petersen

Hi Steve

We also had problems installing Metaframe XP on a DL380 G3. According to my notes the problem was solved by disabling HP ILO Management Interface Driver in the device manager.

best regards, Steen
Steve Stuer

Indeed.
so it reads on many forums as well, that the iLO cards are the source of this 'evil' , but I already tried disabling them in device manager.
Without result :(
Any other ideas?
They would be very welcome.