1752666 Members
5631 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO Directory support not working - locating mgt. processors fails

Claus
Occasional Contributor

iLO Directory support not working - locating mgt. processors fails

We have a number of DL380 servers and Blades BL20p and would like to use the iLO AD integration, so that users connecting to the iLO cards are authenticated against AD.

We use the following module:

HP Directories Support for Management Processors, version 1.11 (8 Sep 03)

We have successfully installed the schema changes, set up iLO card to communicate LDAPS with a AD/DC so that the test works from the iLO card. This involved installing a certificate on the DC we are using.

In order to help with the upgrade of a large number of iLO Processors on the customer network, HP provides a tool. This tool is called the LDAP Migration Utility (HPQLOMIG.EXE), and is installed in the Program Files->Hewlett Packard Group. When launching this tool, we are not able to see any of the iLO network cards on the LAN even though we provide the correct Administrator password. We get an error when trying to find the cards. The error says something like "could not locate any management processors". As this is a prereq for creating the AD objects automatically for each iLO card, we are not able to get these objects created.

Could it be that there is a bug in this rather new version 1.11 as opposed to version 1.10, which Didier writes about in his knowledge brief, KB0899 ?

Also we are not able to use the command line tool to do the same thing. We get an SSL error.

Other things we have noted are that the limitation of having three users connecting to one iLO card when using AD integration can sometimes be reached, if you don't log out properly. Sometimes a tcp session hangs on the iLO card hindering other users to connect. We are using iLO firmware 1.42 (or is it 1.41, I forgot) , so as I see it, it should work. The server from where we are running the tools is running Windows 2003.

Any hints about how to get this integration to work correctly are highly appreciated as we are in a middle of a proof of concept concerning this topic.

kind regards
Claus

Claus Jespersen
Solution Architect
Hewlett-Packard
Soenderhoej 9
8260, Viby J
Denmark
+45 7028 7309 (direct)
+45 4060 1829 (mobile)
Claus.Jespersen@hp.com
http://www.hp.dk
Claus Jespersen
4 REPLIES 4
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

Re: iLO Directory support not working - locating mgt. processors fails

I have the same problem. I've never been able to get the LDAP migration utility to work. I'm still waiting on iLO 1.50 to fix my certificate import problems that I reported to HP in June.
Mike Price_1
Occasional Advisor

I believe I have seen this problem and resolved it by running the HPQLOMIG.EXE from a different machine. I cant remember what ultimately worked but try it 2 ways:

1> Try running it from a workstation that doesnt have an LO card installed.

2> If that doesnt work then try running it from a server with an LO card installed.

Mike
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

There is an issue w/ running this utility from a 2003 box. Please use a W2K machine for now...a fix for this is pending.
Mike Price_1
Occasional Advisor

That would explain why it worked fine for me when I tried to run it from a desktop using WinXP after failing to get it working from a 2003 box.

Mike