Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752664 Members
5790 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO on ProLiant DL580 G2

Ludovic Schopfer

ILO on ProLiant DL580 G2

After using the ILO on my server for some time, I decide to upgrade all firmwares to the latest release before installing the server on Windows 2003. After flashing the ILO successfully to version 1.41, I never managed to reach it again.
The F8 prompt is never displayed, regardless of the position of the "security override" switch. When a try to apply the firmware 1.41 I got an error message saying that the "security override" switch is not set regardless of the position of the switch. I tried with an older version -> same results. I tried to perform a system erase -> no changes.

Does anyone has an idea how to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance, best regards
5 REPLIES 5
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Try remove the AC power to the server for a few mins. If this still failed, download the 1.41 rompaq and update it from the local server.
Ludovic Schopfer

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I already tried to switch off the server by removing the power supplies each time I changed the position of the security override switch. I will nevertheless try to disconnect the server's power cables on the back and keep it without power for several minutes.
All operations I performed have been done in front of the server, using a floppy disk.

I will keep on posting feedback
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

Sounds like your firmware upgrade some how got corrupted. You should be able to recover it from the rompaq disk. Please make sure you are flipping the correct switch, it should be #35 a block w/ 2 switches. Switch one is the iLO override.
Hans-Peter Burk_1

Hi, I have a Prolinat DL 580 G3 (2 GHZ CPU, it is definitely labeled G3) an found the same problem. Remote FW-Update throuht the browser never finished - we rebooted the server after about 40 minutes.
No ILO prompt at POST. Setting the ILO Security override switch and trying to flash from a ROMPAQ diskette gives alway the message: ILO Security switch is not set. So we tested all 4 Switch permutations - always the same: Message is, ILO security override switch is not set.
We did that on an HP internal training - all participants HP service people with access to the intrannet - no information available. Perhaps we have to change the system board.
Regards
Hans-Peter
acartes
Honored Contributor

If the iLO firmware image was corrupted because of an incomplete flash, the best approach is to re-flash using one of the following methods.

Note that if iLO is uncooperative, you may need to set the iLO Security Override Switch.

1) Build and flash with ROMPAQ diskettes from softpaq.
2) Online ROM Flash component. These are available for Windows and Linux, however may not work if iLO is uncooperative.