5308 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Preconfigure iLo firmware update

Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Preconfigure iLo firmware update

Thomas,
I've been through your trace logs and see what you are describing. My recommendation would be to delete the %TEMP%\hp_sum directory on your local HPSUM system to clean up some inconsistencies that I believe could be causing this problem. I'm also attempting to recreate it in our lab, but will have to wait until Tuesday to continue because of a planned power shutdown happening later today that requires me to power everything off for the weekend.

The trace logs show me that we were able to make the initial connection to the iLO to verify the userid and password, but when we went back a second time to issue a command, a connection error was reported.

Thanks for pointing out the problem with the passwords. I've spoken with the responsible engineer and QA folks to ensure this doesn't happen again. I've also had the open passwords removed from our trace logs for the next release of HPSUM.

Regards,
Michael
lightxx
Frequent Advisor

Michael, once again thank you for your effort.

" My recommendation would be to delete the %TEMP%\hp_sum directory on your local HPSUM system to clean up some inconsistencies "

funny thing, %TEMP%\hp_sum seems to get automatically deleted once i close HP SUM.

thanks,
Tom
lightxx
Frequent Advisor

any updates on this one?
Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor

Thomas,
Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. We have recreated the issue in our lab and found it is caused if you use a DNS name to connect to the iLO as opposed to using an IP address. If you use an IP address, it will correctly detect the iLO2 and flash the firmware for it. I can't offer you any other workaround right now, but we should have a fix in for this in time for our August release.

Sorry that you had to be the one to find this problem.

Regards,
Michael