1753259 Members
4791 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant 8000 RILOII virtual power

Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

ProLiant 8000 RILOII virtual power

Where do I connect the 4pin virtual power cable from a RILOII to on a ProLiant 8000? I have check every where and can not find this doucmented.

Thanks everyone.

Mike B.
4 REPLIES 4
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

There is a special cable that connects to the on/off switch. This cable comes with the RiloeII kit.
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Mike greetings. The document you are referring to is an HP/Compaq "internal" document that I was able to get from them. Unfortunately even with the document was not much help as there were no diagrams etc. and very little in the way of routing the cable.... My group the first time took almost 2 hours the first one to get it right.... plus make sure that we did not disconnect the cable and or cut it.

A Major help in this would be to use ELECTRICAL tape to hold the 3 Seperate cable together, as you will need the entire length to make it work...

I created a document so that this reply is not 8 miles long....IT is a self made document so do not be too critical...

Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Mike greetings. I forgot to say that if you have NOT ordered the optional Virtual Power Cable for the proliant 8500, you will need to do so. I will try to locate the spare part number and post it. The RILO II comes with one that will work in almost every system but the Proliant 8500. You must order and install the optional part. The kit is 3 separate cables that extend the original power cable to the rilo...
Mike Bollman_1
Respected Contributor

thanks everyone. The server in question is a ProLiant 8000 not an 8500, but I did figure out what I need. It is setup just like an old 1850R with the hardware switch. Now I just have to find one of those cables somewhere.