9883 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Sim 6.2 - iLO2 and Rack Association

shocko
Honored Contributor

Sim 6.2 - iLO2 and Rack Association

Hi guys,
I notice in SIM 6.2 that servers with iLO2 cards are not correctly being assocaited with P-Class enclosures. For iLO cards there was an advisory which indicated that fw v 1.95 solved it but i can't find anything for iLO2. If you look at the xmlreply data from an iLO2 card in a p-class enclosure, it doesnt have any rack info in it! Another side effect is that because the ILO2 card belives it's not in a mangaged p-class enclosure, you cant use static ip bay config or browse the rack as you can with ilo.

Any ideas? :(
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
3 REPLIES 3
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

What iLO2 firmware version are you using? The last one that support p-class blades is iLO2 1.82.

Wow. I'm generally running later firmarwa (as late as 2.01) on my iLO2 cards. I do have a few running 1.81 though and the association is still not there. The xmlreply doesn't contain any rack data so this is obviously why SIM cannot detect the association. Is the association worked out solely by the ILO2 card or does it have any dependancies on the server?

shocko
Honored Contributor

I have revised my ilo2 firmware to v 1.82 and the ilo is now picking up the rack association (provided i don't encounter other issues requiring me to reset the management module).

Thanks Oscar for your help. I guess i'll have to keep them at this firmware revision if i want the association data. I find it strange that HP would do this unless the servers servers them selvs can now return asssociation data?