4563 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SNMP and RILEO II cards

Robert Berrie
Occasional Contributor

SNMP and RILEO II cards

All,

I can perform an SNMPWALK on iLO (integrated Lights Out), but cannot do the same for the RILOE II cards. Is there something special to enable on the RILOE II cards to get them to respond to SNMP queries?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Make sure you have the "SNMP Pass-through Status" Enabled in the SNMP Settings page.
Robert Berrie
Occasional Contributor

I do not have an "Enable SNMP Pass-thru" on the RILOE II cards. This option only exists on an iLO. The firmware on the RILOE II boards is v1.11. Do I need a later version to support the "Enable SNMP Pass-thru" option? Thanks.
Robert Berrie
Occasional Contributor

Answered without checking. There is an updated firmware: 1.12. This firmware supports "SNMP Pass-through Status". This is now enabled (it is enabled by default after flash updating the firmware). I still cannot SNMPWalk the RILOE II card, though I can SNMPWalk the server itself. SNMPWalk supports a debug mode and from watching the debug mode, it appears that the RILOE II card never responds to a SNMP query. The server is running v.3.1.1.0 of the HP Remote Insight Lights-Out driver. Do I need an additional driver on the server for the SNMP Pass-through to work? Thanks.
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

SNMP is working. Problem is on the RILOE II side. I would uninstall, delete the old cpqrib2.sys driver, and install a new one. The old driver may be corrupt.