108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can you renname a SIM 6.1 Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rosco_1
Frequent Advisor

Can you renname a SIM 6.1 Server

I wish to build a new 6.1 server and after importing the settings from my 5.3 SIM server into it then rename it to the name of the original 5.3 server so I do not have to alter the many clients.

Anyone know if this rename would cause issues or is it best to stick with the new name and take the hit on updating the clients?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor
Solution

Stick with the new name. ;) If you run the the new Managed System Setup task, it will get the new clients with new certs, trap changes, etc.

Did you do a migration of the settings using the DMT tool? If not, that might make things easier; although you still have to make the cert/SNMP changes of course.
Rosco_1
Frequent Advisor

Good advice. I don't really need to have a new clean DB. Will stick with an inplace upgrade of the 5.2 server.

Thanks again
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I would like to do the same Rosco states. I don't have root or administrator rights on any of the clients, so I guess the Managed System Setup task isn't usefull here.
Just updating the server seems a bit risky, since there's no (supported) downgrade path back to hpsim 5.3.

Are there any possible problems SIM 6.1 could have after renaming it?

Thanks.