6126 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Change Event Severity of a specific event

Jonathan_Barker
Occasional Advisor

Change Event Severity of a specific event

HPSIM 6.2, Windows environment.

Our engineers are over-riding the power supply requirements. Every restart, I see the following message: "POST Error Code: 34, POST Error String: POST Error: Caution: The system`s normal power supply requirements have been overridden using the Power Supply Requirements Override in RBSU."

This event is Critical. This means that until I clear it, the Event Status will show as Critical. How can I change this?
5 REPLIES 5
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Change Event Severity of a specific event

Hi Jonathan,

Go to Options => Events => SNMP Trap Settings
find the corresponding mib and content, to change the status.
Another way to achieve this is to automatically clear this event with an event handler.
Options => Events => Automatic Event Handling.

kind regards
Markus
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

It is not recommended to change the actual MIB since every time you get a MIB update you will have to apply the change again.

Even so, changing the event severity would not affect the HW status as that is picked up from the ProLiant Status Array OID which reflects the agent's idea of status, which includes POST errors.

The override that you have used is only intended for temporary purposes like debugging. You should correct the situation.
Jonathan_Barker
Occasional Advisor

Our power requirements don't require 3 power supplies for the machine to run, and we use dual power paths from our UPS, so if one were to go down, this critical machine would turn off unexpectedly.
Jonathan_Barker
Occasional Advisor

How can I tell what MIB this came from?
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

If you click on the event, the last line should show the MIB info.