Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751932 Members
4898 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Discovery of blade servers - ILO SSL credentials ?

Xavier Walker
Advisor

Discovery of blade servers - ILO SSL credentials ?

A quick question:

When blades are integrated into a c-class enclosure, the OA of the chassis connects to the ILO blades using a random generated account.

When I set SIM to discover the OA, it then discovers the ILO ports of the servers in that chassis as expected.

However, it fails to log in as it has no SSL credentials.

Of course, I can use the OA to then have a SSO into the ILO of a blade, create an account / password and then add that to the credentials manager in SIM, but surely I don't have to do that for every blade ?!

So far, I've imported the SSO certificate into the OA and also imported the same SIM SSO certificate into ILO of each blade, but I have a feeling that doesn't work for the SSL login to ILO which is what SIM uses.

I really hope I don't have to go into each blade's ILO and create an account (or use a script to do it). The whole beauty of the OA is a gateway to the ILOs of the servers, and I would have hoped importing the SIM certificate was all that was required.

What am I missing?

Many thanks in advance :)

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC Server Mgmt (Insight Manager 7) Forum to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum. - Hp Forum moderator