Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752402 Members
5756 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Does HP SIM notify of hard drive failures, bad ram, etc

Darcos_1

Does HP SIM notify of hard drive failures, bad ram, etc

I have been using HP SIM for a while but I cannot get it to do what the regualar event notification service does locally on the server. For instance when the server ilo is reset, hard drive failure, ram, etc etc. gets sent via the server to email. How do I get HP SIM to take this events ? Is it possible or am I missing something.
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Does HP SIM notify of hard drive failures, bad ram, etc

It's the agents on the servers that send SNMP traps to HPSIM when they detect an issue like a drive or RAM failure.
So hopefully they're installed.
Check you have an SNMP Trp Destination set to point to the HPSIM Server with the correct community name.
vclerici

Re: Does HP SIM notify of hard drive failures, bad ram, etc

If you see the Events in SIM (e.g. failed HDD), you have just to define a Collection for whatever Event you want to be alerted. Then define a 'Automatic Event Handling Task' for that Collection, which forward you the Event as an e-mail.
If you don't see the events in SIM, check for corect SNMP Settings on your server...you can test it with the 'Send Test Trap' function (On Win Server, Start --> Control Panel --> Management Agents --> SNMP Settings)