1753765 Members
5369 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ESX4 and HP Systems Manager 825 Problem

Seth Horila
Advisor

ESX4 and HP Systems Manager 825 Problem

I installed HP Systems Management Agent (8.2.5) on my ESX4 server, which is a Proliant DL380 G6. Everything seems okay and the management homepage for the server comes up, but a lot of the data is missing. The only real data it displays is the hostname. Am I missing a setting? I can see what it should display in the VMware VCenter (ie: fan, temp, power, memory, processor status) The ILO feature is also missing.
2 REPLIES 2
Seth Horila
Advisor

Re: ESX4 and HP Systems Manager 825 Problem

Just got off the phone with a HP support tech. For some reason when I installed the agent it did not prompt me to modify the snmpd configuration file. This did not allow the System Mangement Homepage to pull information. If you run "hpsnmpconfig" from the ESX command line, you can re/configure your settings after it has been installed. You have to give the localhost at minimum read access and that should fix the problem. The tech mentioned that there is still intermittent issues with the management processor "ILO" not appearing, which should hopefully be addressed in newer versions. He did recommend the latest ILO firmware to be installed.
Seth Horila
Advisor

Re: ESX4 and HP Systems Manager 825 Problem

Just got off the phone with a HP support tech. For some reason when I installed the agent it did not prompt me to modify the snmpd configuration file. This did not allow the System Mangement Homepage to pull information. If you run "hpsnmpconfig" from the ESX command line, you can re/configure your settings after it has been installed. You have to give the localhost at minimum read access and that should fix the problem. The tech mentioned that there is still intermittent issues with the management processor "ILO" not appearing, which should hopefully be addressed in newer versions. He did recommend the latest ILO firmware to be installed.