Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753868 Members
7419 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM 5.0 won't start after service account change.

SOLVED
Go to solution

HP SIM 5.0 won't start after service account change.

Hello,

as a part of a security review I have recently changed the service account for HP Systems Insight Manager and SQL Server Express. SIM and SQL are installed on the same machine, SIM was previously running as local Administrator, SQL as Network Service.

Permissions on SQL were changed and after performing all the tasks related to this on HP SIM (change password, edit .props and various files in config folder) HP SIM is not working. All the services start successfully, but windows event viewer logs event id 17806 (sspi handshake failed) followed by event ID 18452. Additionally I can't connect to the CMS, I get a web page not available error.

I've exhausted all existing resolution resources on the net, therefore I'm writing my first post here in search for assistance. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Max
5 REPLIES 5
Jens Ey
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: HP SIM 5.0 won't start after service account change.

Hi Massimiliano,

it may be a stupid question:
is the SQL server running. Can you connect to the database?
Next I would try to connect to the SQL server with the account that SIM should use.

You should also check out this site: http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=17806&eventno=8527&source=MSSQLSERVER&phase=1
Even HP SIM is mentioned there.

Jens

Hello Jens,

thanks for your answer. SQL is running and I was able to log to the SQL Server. I am currently installing SQL Management Studio on the server to check if I can still logon as the initial user. HP SIM was installed under local admin.

Will keep you updated.
Thanks,
Max

Hello Jens, I can access the DB tables with the old Local Admin account under which SIM used to run as well as with the new domain service account.

Do you have any hints at where I could look at?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Max

Little clarification: I mistakedly reported the product as being HP SIM 5.0. It is HP SIM 6.0.

Hello, I just decided to reinstall HP SIM 6.0 and it's now running as a charm. Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Max