5139 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM 5.3 SP1 Support for Xenserver 5.50 RTM Edition from Citrix

Robert Babayan
Advisor

HP SIM 5.3 SP1 Support for Xenserver 5.50 RTM Edition from Citrix

Hi Guys,

I have a (HP Insight Manager 5.3 SP1 + Hotfix) Virtual Machine which is currently monitoring the HP Proliant Servers ( Physical servers . My question is: Can we add any Xenserver 5.5 RTM Edition from Citrix and we manage these servers through HP System Insight Manager 5.3 SP1 console ?? We currently have 6 x Xenserver 5.50 RTM Edition from Citrix and we would like to add them into HP SIM 5.3 SP1 console to be managed and monitored.
If answer is Yes, How do we do this ?? Do we need to purchase a licensed plug-in and install it on HP SIM 5.3 SP1 to manage these Virtual Xenserver 5.5 host servers ? or do we need to install a customized HP agents on these Xenserver 5.5 host servers and add them into the HP SIM 5.3 SP1 management console ??
or HP SIM 5.3 SP1 does not support any version of Xenserver 5.5 OEM or RTM at all !!

Any help would be appreciated ...

Cheers,
Robert
3 REPLIES 3
Luis Davim

This would be very useful, I'm currently migrating most of my servers to a XenServer based cluster and very soon most of my physical servers will be running XenServer 5.5, I use Zabbix to monitor my severs and I'm able to capture the SNMP messages sent by the HPSIM agents in Zabbix...
Luis Davim

Robert Babayan
Advisor

Hi Lius,

So, you are telling me we have to install this "HP SNMP Agents for Citrix XenServer" on the actuall Xenserver 5.5 itself to be managed by HP SIM 5.3 SP1 ??

Regards,
Robert