1748185 Members
3901 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM 6.1B out now.

Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

HP SIM 6.1B out now.

Anyone want to try this one out? It would be nice to know what they fixed in this version. I can't seem to find any revision history doc.
7 REPLIES 7
Brian Hahne
Regular Advisor

6.1B was supposed to be a redeploy of 6.1 with a fixed installer so that you might avoid the database install bug that was found.

I doubt much else changed, as 6.1 was out just 1-2 weeks ago, pulled to fix the bug.

Darrin Rawls posted to this forum the same information, that 6.1 was being pulled to address the installer, and would be re-released as 6.1B
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

I was hoping they would fix the memory leak issue. I haven't had any real problems with 6.0 except the high memory usage.
I'll wait to upgrade and hope they fix the issue.
bthessel
Occasional Contributor

Downloading it now, I am struggling with a new 6.0 install so I might as well struggle with a 6.1 install :)
SIT
Regular Advisor

Hi

On my side, fresh install since 3 weeks with 6.1 on w2008x64 with remote SQL database and i've never had high memory usage ...
Steve weeks_2
Frequent Advisor

Due to a memory leak issue on 6.0 i upgraded to 6.1 today, it's slowed the leak down a lot... but is still there.

I'm very very irritated.
Eric_76
Regular Advisor

I've rebuilt my os 2x reinstall 6.1b about 6 times still have issue mainly in windows event viewer "Restarting MxDTF" every 20 second or so.
SIT
Regular Advisor

Hi

It seems that the Discovery menu has change (we can discover a single server, what was not possible in 6.1)
Is someone have seens other new stuff ?

Thx