4500 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM 7.1 Status Health and events for vmware ESXi

heskez
Occasional Visitor

HP SIM 7.1 Status Health and events for vmware ESXi

HI,

I've installed HP SIM 7.1 to monitor our HP hardware where Vpshere 5 is installed on.

I'd like to receive every minor hardware status changes. So therefore I create an event task to send out an email for any minor event.

I do see minor health status change occur on some systems. However I do not receive any mail with the minor event.

Nor I see any minor event occur when I click on "events" on the system with the minor health status.

I've checked SNMP settings which seemed to be correct. What could i be overlooking?

5 REPLIES 5
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP SIM 7.1 Status Health and events for vmware ESXi

Are you seeing health conditions at all in SIM? Meaning, if you look at hardware status, do you see storage, NICs, power supply, etc?

You need to use WBEM for ESXi hosts. If it is working you just go to Tools & Links and do "Subscribe to WBEM events". I have an event handler that runs this automatically if an ESXi server is added to a custom VMware collection I set up.
heskez
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for replying, I've set up correct WBEM subscription and waited for a while.

Events still aren't showing up.

The health conditions I'm able to see them.

Piiit
Occasional Visitor

Hi, I have the exact same problem with my ESXi hosts. I get health status from servers, cooling,network,memory etc. but no events are displayed. I have subscribed to WBEM events and the credentials are correct. Health status picks up a minor alert: faulting memory card,plus a major alert : failing network interface. None of these are displayed under Events, so no email alerts. Any new discoveries?
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

All i can tell you is that another person had the same issue:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/SIM-7-2-event-reporting/td-p/6030549

basically, he subscribed to WBEM again and it worked..  not exactly sure what the fix was, but it's possible the subscription did not complete succesfully.  Read that thread and see if it is the same isses you are both seeing.

Piiit
Occasional Visitor

Hi, thanks for quick response. I have tried unsubscribing and subscribing again, no luck. Added pictures for confirming the details.