5037 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SIM 7.5 and ESXi monitoring

Rimvydas
Frequent Advisor

HP SIM 7.5 and ESXi monitoring

Hi,

I have fresh HP SIM 7.5 + all latest hotfixes installation. And I'm trying to monitor HP Proliant DL 380 Gen 8 server with ESXi 5.5 installed (HP image). Problem is that I get Status Major on Health Status and on Management Processor Status. This is because one of server's network links is not connected. I've tried to exclude this link using WBEM Health Inclusion Status option but status hasn't changed:/ I have no problems with nics exclusion on another monitored servers, but with this server I have a problem:( How can I fix this annoyance? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM 7.5 and ESXi monitoring

Hello there,

You can't exclude the error, this i as you said a WBEM monitoring option but the status you receive is a SNMP polling status. So that doed not work. Only ESX WBEM agents work with this option and since the Gen8 hardware we use AMS and ILO for monitoring. You should be able to disable the unsused if it has function. The missing link is not a real hardware issue but i guess that HP thinks it is.

Also look at this post for some options : http://community.hpe.com/t5/Systems-Insight-Manager-Forum/HP-SIM-reporting-quot-A-network-interface-has-failed-or/td-p/4796562

Kind regards,

Andrew