Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748010 Members
4836 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP System Management Homepage 7.6 on SLES11SP4: no items and data source is empty

blentes
Frequent Advisor

HP System Management Homepage 7.6 on SLES11SP4: no items and data source is empty

Hi,
i just installed the HP SMHP 7.6 on a SLES 11 SP4. I used the SPP /871795_001_spp-2017.04.0-SPP2017040.2017_0420.14.iso from the HP webpage. Installation seemed to work fine, i didn't get an error.
I also installed the snmp agents. All init scripts start fine. SMHP is accessible on port 2381, but i just see "no items", and the "data source" is empty, nor wbem neither snmp. I found a lot of threads concnerning that problem, but mostly related to windows. I have SNMP running, this is my snmpd.conf:
# Following entries were added by HPE Insight Management Agents at
# Mon Jul 17 18:17:44 CEST 2017
dlmod cmaX /usr/lib64/libcmaX64.so
rwcommunity private 127.0.0.1
rocommunity public 127.0.0.1
rwcommunity idg-ha vm59093-4
rocommunity idg-ha vm59093-4
trapcommunity idg-ha
trapsink vm59093-4 idg-ha
syscontact Sysadmin (root@localhost)
syslocation ha-idg-1

VM59093-4 is my SIM box. I found a posting saying i need to install wbem providers
(http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/content-webapp/document?docId=emr_na-c03783196&dtd=default&locale=en&details=no), but searching for it i found they are discontinued since ProLiant Gen 6. I have Gen 9.
I reinstalled HPSMHP already (although it's not a windows box).
I think the problem is that i can't chosse anything in "data source".
Can anyone help me ?

Bernd

1 REPLY 1
blentes
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP System Management Homepage 7.6 on SLES11SP4: no items and data source is empty

i'm frustrated. The HP website is horrible. I'm clicking and clicking without finding anything, and after 10 clicks i'm back where i started.
What i found out until now:
The help from the SMHP says "The Data Source setting is only available if the HPE Insight Management WBEM Providers are installed." OK. Looking for WBEM providers. Finding another web page saying "WBEM for Linux is discontinued". What ??? And in the software depot i just find WBEM providers for HP-UX. An older version of SMHP said i need the WBEM providers (which seem not to be available) or the insight management agents. I looked for those agents, but didn't find them. OMG.
HP, why do you make it users so difficult to find s.th. on your web page ? 
I have the impression that HP lost the overview about all their management products, or they want to force the users to buy a dedicated product which costs.
This is very sad.

Bernd